Dual Credit Courses are college courses taken by a high school student for which the student earns both college and high school credit. Dual credit coursework enables students to make progress towards a college degree before they finish high school and save on the overall cost of a college education. Upon completion of a dual credit course, a student’s grade and credit(s) are recorded on both the high school and college transcripts. Dual Credit coursework may take place at the high school, online, or via a broadcast system.
It is important to note that as a CSI Dual Credit college student, students have additional responsibility for their academic success and meeting the college’s dual credit deadlines. Students participating in dual credit courses must register for their course(s) and submit their tuition payment by the college’s dual credit deadlines which generally fall near the beginning of the term. Please be sure to check out the “Important Deadlines” box below for information regarding dual credit deadlines and registration processes.
Important Dual Credit Deadlines
- The Spring 2017 Dual Credit admission deadline is 2/10/2017. New students, those who have never taken a CSI dual credit course before, must apply for admission online to the CSI Dual Credit Program by 2/10/2017. Students will not be granted admission after 2/10/2017
- The Spring 2017 Dual Credit registration deadline is 2/17/2017.
- Spring 2017 Certificate of Residency forms must be submitted to your county by 5/1/2017. Students are encouraged to submit their Certificate of Residency Form to their county at the time of registration and should mark both fall and spring enrollment on the form.
- The Idaho State Department of Education is offering assistance to students in grades 7-12, who attend a public high school in Idaho, through a program called Fast Forward to learn more visit http://sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html
- For step-by-step admission, registration instructions, deadlines and program contact information check out our Student-Parent Information Sheet.
- Spring 2017 Placement and Prerequisites Update
Need help? Click on the high school region where your high school is located.
NOTE: If you are unable to locate your school please contact Lyntessa Limas at 208-933-2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.