Conditions of Financial Aid And Scholarship Offers
- Please read this document thoroughly and retain it for future reference -
Please review your financial aid offer carefully. The awards indicated in your award letter are TENTATIVE. If you wish to receive the awards indicated in the award letter, YOU MUST LOG-IN TO YOUR NET PARTNER ACCOUNT AND OFFICIALLY ACCEPT THE AWARDS ONLINE. You may also decline or modify your awards online, through Net Partner. Failure to accept your financial aid or scholarship award(s) may delay our ability to disburse your funds. Please notify our office if you do not plan on attending the College of Southern Idaho so we may cancel your federal financial aid and/or scholarship awards.
- General Conditions of this Offer:
Registration Requirements for Scholarship Students:
- You must be enrolled in an eligible course of study. An eligible course of study is at least one academic year (9 months) in length and leads to a certificate or degree.
- You may not use federal financial aid for completing your high school diploma, GED, or self-improvement course work. This offer is contingent upon the availability and actual receipt of funds by the College of Southern Idaho.
- A 'Revised Offer" replaces all prior offers of financial aid. Your award may be adjusted, cancelled or revoked for the following reasons; (1) inadequate institutional, state or federal aid, (2) changes in your enrollment status, (3) failure to notify the financial aid office of your acceptance as indicated above, or (4) receipt of additional information which negates your eligibility.
- Grant, Work Study, Scholarship, Activity Award, and Tuition Waiver funds do not have to be repaid upon completion of your program. Any award that includes the term 'loan" must be repaid.
- All offers of campus-based funds (Work Study or FSEOG) will be revoked if you fail to notify the CSI Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of your acceptance as indicated above within 30 days of this offer and/or you fail to register for classes by the end of the 1st week of the semester.
- If you are receiving a student loan as part of your award package, we are required to inform you that you have the right to cancel all or a part of your loan within the first 14 days after you receive your loan funds. Please complete and submit the Loan Cancellation Form, found online at http://www.csi.edu/financialaid/forms.asp, to cancel your loan.
Scholarships are awarded based on GPA and enrollment status. Students receiving awards are required to complete their registration and accept any pending awards by August 1st for the fall semester and by December 15th for the spring semester. Students not fully registered before the corresponding date for that term will have their awards removed and the funds will be redistributed to other eligible students. Fall awards will renew automatically (no new application required) for the spring semester as long as the students GPA and enrollment status remain constant. Awards may be removed or reduced for students whose GPA is reduced and/or if the student enrolls in fewer credits.
Standards of Academic Progress:
All students are required to meet CSI’s Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to receive and maintain eligibility for federal financial aid funds. Students must meet all standards (General Requirements, GPA Requirements, Completion Rate Requirements, and Maximum Credit Hour Requirements) to initially be eligible for, and maintain eligibility for federal financial aid. The standards of eligibility for some scholarships or awards may differ as defined by the awarding agency or department from which the award was made.
Repayment of Unearned Federal Financial Aid Funds:
Students who withdraw (officially or unofficially), fail to complete, or simply stop attending any or all of their classes during the semester may be required to repay a portion of the federal federal financial aid received for that semester. Refunds and repayments are based upon the percentage of the semester completed at the time of withdrawal. By accepting your federal financial aid, you have become responsible for, and agree to, pay back any and all overpayment of funds. All scheduled funding for the upcoming semester will be cancelled. Students wishing to have loans for the upcoming semester will need to submit a loan request form.
Payment of Awards:
Student’s awards are posted to their student accounts to pay their tuition, fees and any outstanding balance first. If your financial aid credit exceeds your total charges, a refund will be issued to you. CSI partners with BankMobile to issue student refunds. A refund selection kit is mailed to every student who is enrolled in credits at CSI. Please make sure that your mailing address is up-to-date and select your refund preference as soon as you receive your kit. Remember, even if you are not currently expecting a refund from CSI, we may have a refund for you in the future. You can select your refund preference by visiting refundselection.com. For more information about refunds please visit csi.edu/BankMobileVibe
back to top